I am pleased to announce my return to in-person clinics at Green Parrot Healthfoods in Swaffham. Please note the change of day to Thursdays only until further notice.
Please note these important points with regard to your next clinic appointment:
- If you feel unwell please stay at home and I can work with you via online video (Zoom or Skype) or by telephone. If you have any questions about this please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- DO NOT ATTEND THE CLINIC if you have any of the following symptoms:
- High temperature (meaning hot to touch on your chest and back).
- A new, continuous cough (meaning coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours); note that if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual.
- A new loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Similarly, DO NOT ATTEND if you are required to self-isolate due to any of the following:
- a positive COVID-19 test
- contact from NHS Test & Trace
- return from travel to any country or area that requires you to quarantine afterwards
- any other criterion requiring self-isolation as may be declared by the UK Government.
- If any of the above occur between booking and the time of your appointment, please contact Chris.
- Please attend alone unless bringing a child who is the client or you need to be accompanied by a carer.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as you can – arriving earlier may mean that I have not finished cleaning the clinic room and you may be asked to wait outside.
- Please sanitise your hands upon arrival (hand-washing facilities and gel will be available).
- You are required to wear a face covering if you are able to.
- Please bring a bottle of water with you.
- Please only bring essential personal belongings into the clinic room.
- You will be required to complete a document to confirm that you have not been in contact with anyone with the COVID-19 symptoms listed above, nor that you have any of these symptoms or are required to self-isolate at the time of the appointment.
- The above document will also include a statement that you agree to your details being submitted to the NHS Test & Trace system in the event that either of us develop symptoms of Covid-19 within 48 hours of your appointment. As this is a legal requirement for close-contact businesses, should you not agree to this your appointment will be rearranged in order to work with you via online video (Zoom or Skype) or by telephone instead.
What you can expect from me:
- I will contact you the day before your appointment to confirm that you have none of the exclusion criteria for attending a face to face appointment. Alternatively you may complete this additional checklist online when available.
- I will be wearing appropriate PPE and washing/sanitising hands regularly.
- I will complete a cleaning checklist and ventilate the room before and after seeing each client.
- I will be adhering closely to the time allocated for your consultation to ensure that there is sufficient time to cleanse the clinic room between clients.
- I may carry out some of the activities that would normally be carried out during a single face to face session separately in order to minimise the time you need to spend in the clinic, as recommended by the guidelines. This may mean there is a preliminary discussion by phone or online video before you come to the clinic, that consent forms are emailed/ posted to you for completion before attendance, that post-session information is emailed/ posted to you and any remedies provided are posted to you afterwards. The need for separating these activities from the face to face session is under continual review as the pandemic situation evolves locally.
I reserve the right to change the above practice information at short notice in accordance with any change of guidance issued by the UK Government.
I sincerely appreciate your support in helping to implement these new measures and hope to see you again soon.
With all best wishes
You attend the clinic at your own risk and do so only on the understanding that you have not been in close contact with anyone displaying potential COVID-19 symptoms within 14 days prior to your appointment. Also that at the time of your appointment you are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms yourself.
By accepting an appointment with Chris you confirm the above and you agree that you will notify him immediately should you begin to develop COVID-19 symptoms prior to or up to 48 hours after your appointment, so that appropriate safeguarding action can be taken.
Chris is returning to his much-needed practice in good faith and trusts that you will cooperate to the fullest extent with the legal requirements for PPE and sanitising procedures to help keep everyone who uses his services safe.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris.