Hot on the heels of my previous post regarding the reopening of the Kent Road Clinic in King’s Lynn and associated Covid prevention measures, the UK Government removed all Covid restrictions for businesses in England on 1st April 2022.
These restrictions have now been replaced with guidance for reducing the spread of respiratory infections in the workplace, as a result of which please note the following points regarding your clinic appointments:
- If you feel unwell please consider staying at home and I will work with you via online video (Zoom or Skype) or by telephone. If you have any questions about this please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
- Further to the above, please do not attend the clinic if you are likely to have a contagious respiratory infection (such as Covid-19 or flu). Symptoms to be aware of include:
- high temperature (hot to touch on your chest and back), fever or chills
- a new, continuous cough (coughing a lot for more than an hour or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours); or worsening of an existing cough
- a new loss of or change to your sense of smell or taste
- unexplained tiredness, lack of energy
- muscle aches or pains that are not due to exercise
- not wanting to eat or not feeling hungry
- headache that is unusual or longer lasting than usual
- sore throat, stuffy or runny nose
- diarrhoea, feeling sick or being sick
- Similarly, do not attend if you have had a positive COVID-19 test (PCR or LFT – even with no symptoms) or are advised to self-isolate at the time of your appointment.
- Please note that there is no indoor waiting area at the Kent Road Clinic, so please arrive as close to your appointment time as you can when attending this venue.
- Facilities for sanitising your hands are available at each clinic (hand-washing facilities/ alcohol gel).
- Due to the close contact nature of kinesiology, you may feel more comfortable wearing a face covering during muscle testing but this is no longer mandatory. If you choose to do so but during the session the wearing of the face covering appears to interfere with the muscle testing response, you may be asked to loosen this.
- If you would prefer me to wear a face covering while working with you, just let me know at the start of the session.
In the event of any future changes to the UK Government infection control guidance for close contact services, I will carry out a full review of the information in this document and introduce/ reinstate any additional related documentation to ensure compliance with mandatory requirements.
I therefore reserve the right to change this information at short notice but will notify you of any changes before your appointment is due wherever possible.
Thank you for your support of my business and in helping me to implement all appropriate infection control measures throughout the Covid 19 pandemic and beyond.